I live in Bethesda, Maryland (hence in the Washington DC area). I am open to travel, but am not currently open to relocation. My abilities, activities and achievements include the following.
- Content producer. Main channel is the blog Changing Way. Have guest-posted at ReadWriteWeb, one of the leading publications on social media.
- Teacher. Adjunct Professor at Virginia Tech, teaching Strategy in the Evening MBA program, based in Falls Church, Virginia. Previously on faculty of the College of Business at Northeastern University in Boston. Work there included development and delivery of short courses such as “Blogging and Business” for MBA students. Also coordinated/managed the undergraduate capstone course “Strategy in Action.” While I was course coordinator, Northeastern was ranked 3rd nationwide for undergraduate strategy teaching by Business Week.
- Researcher. Publications and presentations in top academic outlets (e.g., Strategic Management Journal, Academy of Management conference). Ph.D. in Strategic Management from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Product manager at Digital Equipment Corporation, Database Systems, based in Nashua NH. This was during my “first career” in IT, prior to taking a hiatus from industry for academia.
- Other software industry experience includes: Senior Support Engineer at Digital’s European Technical Support Centre in Sophia Antipolis, France; Instructor in Digital’s UK Customer Training Center.
Writing samples, at Changing Way unless otherwise specified.
- A Mass of Customizers: The WordPress Software Ecosystem, a chapter on WordPress from a book about mass customization.
- Making Money From WordPress.com, part of a series of posts on Automattic.
- Comparison between four antispam services.
- Comparison Between Six Apart and Automattic, my guest post at ReadWriteWeb. It was published, in July 2007, with a more dramatic title: “Blog Platforms Head to Head: Six Apart & Automattic Compared.” I plan a follow-up.
- Book Recommendations at Business Week Online.
Other potentially relevant details.
- Best means of contact is email: andrew at changingway dot org.
- Citizenship: dual USA/UK.