… as opposed to WordPress.com or WordPress Multi-User?
One of the standard threads on the WordPress.com support forums goes something like:
- How do I X? (Use AdSense is perhaps the most frequent value of X.)
- You can’t do X here at WordPress.com. See the FAQ. See the many previous threads on this. (Different veteran volunteers have different ways of saying this.
- But you can do X with a certain other flavor of WordPress.
The problem is, what to call that certain other flavor of WordPress? It’s sometimes called WordPress.org, but that can seem to imply that WordPress.org hosts blogs. It doesn’t; it hosts the code you can download to set up your own blog.
I thought I’d use such a poll to ask you your preferred term for the type of blog you set up with code you download from WordPress.org. I was prompted to do so when I saw that timethief has just pointed out a means of putting a poll on a WordPress.com blog: LuckyPolls.
|What is your preferred term for the type of blog described above?
2) A self-hosted WordPress blog
3) A blog set up using software downloaded from WordPress.org
4) WordPress Classic
5) Original old-school gangsta WordPress
6) WordPress Single-User
8) Other: please comment to specify
Make your own LuckyPoll
Update: poll closed, results announced.