That choice was the theme of a talk recently given at a conference in San Francisco. You can see a video of the talk at the blog of either of the presenters. Andy uses Blogger, Selena uses WordPress. I found the video via Kieran, who uses Drupal.
Here’s my summary of the 18-minute video.
- Preamble. We’re not trying to pick a winner, but to highlight the differences between D and W.
- Getting site started: W+.
- Managing site as it grows more complex: D+.
- What does the software want to do with data? D: whatever you like. W: publish it.
- Who’s the focus of the community? D: developers. W: users.